Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our Big Tree Hunt!

We found the perfect tree! I think it is really the prettiest tree we have ever had!
We searched and searched for about an hour or so before we found "THE ONE"! The weather was a little cold but hiking up and down hills and chasing the kids, chasing a dog, kept me warm. Yes, my children were much more interested in the tree farm owners dog more than anything else. He was cute, I have to admit! He looked like a Beagle, Basset mix. We called him "Buddy". He looked like a "Buddy". We found out later his name is "Dee-Oh-Gee", get it?! D.O.G. I thought it was a clever name for a dog.

"Wyatt, leave the dog alone!"
This is what I see from my son when he is told not to do something he wants to do.


Then back to the hunt! We stopped for many breaks because our daughter is a meanderer. Craig and I kid around all the time that we will probably have to carry her until she learns how to drive because she is never in any kind of hurry to get anywhere!

After loading the tree and getting home the first thing Wyatt and Rylee wanted to do was put the ornaments on the tree. They were so disappointed to hear of all the things that needed to be done before the ornaments.
We had a great time decorating the tree.

Then Rylee got to put the angel on top.

Daddy came up with the great idea of camping out next to the Christmas tree. Wyatt was so excited.!!!!! I think he thought it was the best day ever! I think he was right...so far anyway

2 comments:

Greta Jo said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful. Love the photos

Becky said...

Looks like a wonderful day was had by all! Baeutiful tree - and I bet it smells heavenly! Have a great trip to Guatemala.