Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 5 our last day in Guatemala

Up bright and early. I was feeling much better. I did not eat much breakfast because I was still a little unsure of my stomach. We hung out mostly at the hotel. Vanessa was there to meet and give gifts to her friends foster families and I was to meet Mirna Rylee's foster mother.

Mirna, her mother and her daughter came about noon. We walked over to the restaurant and ordered lunch. I am so glad Vanessa was there. We discovered little Maria's birthday was the next day and Vanessa ran around everywhere to find someone that could bring her a birthday cake. It showed up right after the lunch. Perfect timing.
Little Maria is such a cutie and it was nice to see her wearing the Rylee's dress that I sent her. She had the cutest little pink boots on and Mirna said she will get some for Rylee too.
Mirna is so sweet. We had a wonderful visit and Mirna said she would be returning later to bring Rylee's boots.
After our visit, Vanessa and I headed off to the market across from the Zoo. We had been there last time we were in Guatemala and knew we could find some good deals there. We were there for about 4 hours and I felt a little silly because Vanessa had about 6 bags and I had only my purse. She was so funny. She said she was beginning to loose feeling in her hands because of the weight of the bags. I helped her carry some to the taxi. And back to the hotel we went.
That evening and Vanessa's lost prescription glasses... God was watching over me!!!!
Vanessa could not find her glasses and thought they had fallen out of the van on the way back from Panajachel. So, we called Sharon, then Oswaldo the driver. No Glasses. Then we called the Hotel K. "No glasses but, Mrs. Koenig left her passport! " OH MY GOSH!
Panajachel is 3 hours one way and my flight leaves in less than 12 hours. I was freaking out. We called Oswaldo to ask if he would bring it to me and he said to call him back in 15 minutes. I called home to tell Craig what was happening and that I would call him back when I figured it all out. Wyatt got on the phone and said "Just one more day mommy and you will be home!" I got all choked up and said "I hope so!"
I went back into the business center to have the receptionist call Oswaldo back for me when she said that the hotel has found someone that will bring my passport to me. It cost me $125.00 but it was worth every penny.
Vanessa went back to the room to get some money for another calling card and her glasses fell out of her suitcase. Thank you God for watching over me!
What a night!

0 comments: