Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 4 and leaving Panajachel

Up very early and we all were ready for our long ride back to the Guatemala City! I miss Pana! I wish I could have stayed a little longer. Well, not really! I wish I had my husband and kids with me then I wish I could have stayed much longer. I want my son to see this beautiful country and realize how blessed he is to have all the things he has. This trip has changed me and I am sorry for my children because they WILL experience a major change in what IS most important this Christmas. They will get gifts but it's the time we spend together that is more important.

Saying a quick goodbye to the hotel staff and we were off!
A Tuk-Tuk driving down the road in front of Hotel K.
We stopped for photos. My camera decided to act up but some of the photos turned out kinda cool.
Me and Vanessa.
Oswaldo our driver.
A stop Oswaldo made so we could take pictures.
The cemetery decorated in all colors.
Some children we met on the side of the road. They were selling worry dolls. We did not buy any but Vanessa and I bought each one a bottle of juice and a bag of chips before we left.

We dropped Christy off at the airport and headed to the Marriott. It was so nice that the room was all ready for us because we both still needed to wrap presents for Rylee's Birth family and Arianna's Foster family. We hurried downstairs and there was Gilda her children and her mother. Soon the translator and Arianna's foster family showed. We all headed off to the restaurant for lunch. The poor translator sat in the middle. We had him translating for for both of us. It was so nice to see Rylee's birth sister, brother and grandmother too. Rylee's birth brother is a cutie! He was so excited to be in the restaurant and see all the decorations they had there. Gilda is a good mother and she was so kind to me. As we walked to the restaurant she held onto my arm while we crossed the streets.
The children are so cute. The children were very shy but very cute.
They loved the gifts and books that I brought for them.
Gilda came back later to the hotel and brought gifts for Rylee and Wyatt. She brought Rylee a beautiful dress and Wyatt a Guatemalan shirt. I am going to get their pictures in them and send the photos to her. I am planning to learn Spanish and I think she would like to learn English. I hope next time we meet face to face we will both be able to communicate better.
After our visit Vanessa and I did a little sight seeing and shopping. Vanessa is so funny! She really knows how to shop. I think her suitcases were just as full leaving Guatemala as they were when we got there. When we got back I was feeling very sick to my stomach. I went back to the room and took a little nap. When I woke up it was 2 hours later and I was still sick. Thank goodness I still had one of those pills that Dr. Jennifer had given me. Vanessa was still out and about meeting adoptive parents that were also staying at the Marriott. We both called it an early night.

0 comments: