Thursday, June 12, 2008

New house rules for the Water Bugs

Everybody that knows me, knows my kids are my world to me! Well, we have been having issues. Mostly in Wyatt but Rylee tends to follow in Wyatt's ways. I never tell my kids they are "Bad", I tell them they are "Being Bad". Well, lately they have been "Being Bad" a lot. I have been hearing so much whining, backtalk, bickering, meanness and Seeing, rude behavior, evil eyes, fighting and just plain ugliness from both of them. Could they be "SPOILED!"? No way! Not my kids! Oh, but yes, lately I find myself fighting myself from saying the "B" word. But it is only when I am at my wits end and really they aren't "Brats". They both proved it to me yesterday. They can be "Good Kids"!

How did that happen, you ask? I will back up a little. Well, dealing with all that I had been with both of them lately. I finally put down the law. Yesterday, I told Wyatt on the way to Day Camp that he needs to think about how he has been acting lately and to be prepared for changes when he got home. When I picked him and Rylee up from Day Camp, I asked him if he had been thinking about what I asked him to that morning. He said yes and I said I had been too. I told him and Rylee there will be no more "Being Bad". If they misbehaved they would get 1 warning. If they did not change their behavior they will be putting a favorite toy into a garbage bag. If they whine about it, they loose another toy and so on. Well from that very moment Wyatt has been a pure pleasure. I have given him warnings but then he instantly changes the attitude. Poor little Rylee! I had to take one of her babies yesterday. I felt really bad being that she is only 2 1/2 but I can't change the rules for her. Wyatt will never go for that. I did tell her if she was good for a long time she will get it back. She is having a harder time changing and most of her attitude is "Being 2". She is a smart little girl and she is making changes too. She is just putting up more of a fight.

Last night was Wyatt's second swim lesson. I am so happy with his progress. When he puts his mind to something, he wont stop until he succeeds. Rylee naturally loves the water. While Wyatt's swim lesson was going on she was in the baby pool just paddling away.



6 comments:

Becca said...

Funny - my kids have been "making bad choices" even though I encourage them to "make good choices" -AAHHHHH. Cute pics. I hope you can make it in when Greta Jo comes to KY!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Well i dont know wait till you have teens..My 13 son just got his report card today...Its BAD with a capital B!!!!! LOL There I said it!!! LOL

Have a great weekend!!!

Vanessa said...

Gla dto hear Wyatt's swim lessons are going well! The lady who use to do them here has moved away and we have NO one for Arianna/Olivia to go to swim lessons this year! I'm not giving up just yet though!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Great idea Marlene,
Keep us posted if it continues to work. So far we have been doing the time out chair. But Luke has a VERY strong little personality so I don't know how long its going to work.
Cute swim pics!!! I think its so important for kids to know how to swim. Not to mention its a blast for them.
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

Robyn said...

Glad things are better. Maybe I should try this with Miss G. She definitely knows how to be "be bad". :)

Robyn

Laurie said...

I HATE having to follow thru with the laws I have laid down, but I do. Definitely teaches you what is meant by it's gonna hurt me more than you! Breaks my heart to put Bella in time out crying....well not EVERY time but most!

Glad swimming is going well. Way to go Wyatt! Rylee looks adorable in her kitty cat suit!