Sunday, June 8, 2008

More goats camping sleepovers!

This past weekend was a WHIRL WIND!

Friday Evening: We finally got Craig's truck out of the shop. The transmission had gone out and we had been using his dad's truck for the time. As soon as we got the truck we drove to our SUPER NEIGHBORS to borrow their horse trailer. They knew we were looking to add a couple more goats to our field and had heard of someone looking for a good home for their three. (The three we already have, have not been able to keep down our grass. Looking out into the field all you could see were their little heads and when you did get close enough to see their whole bodies, they look more like miniature cows than goats with those big bellies they are toting around.) So, we traveled about an hour and a half west with 2 hungry and tired kids to get the goats before it got dark because the trailer light hook-up did not match the truck. On the way back we stopped at Arby's I ran in to get the food and we all ate as we rode. Many messes and two sleeping children later, we arrived home safe and sound and without a traffic ticket. HOORAY!
Saturday: Craig got up very early and this is all he did before noon... Took his dads truck into town washed it and filled the gas tank, then dropped it off at his parents, RODE his bike home(about 8 miles), came home picked up his truck took back the trailer back to our neighbors, went to another neighbors and mowed their lawn for them (they are out of town on vacation), then came home and showered! ALL before 12 noon.
After Craig's already busy morning we packed up to go meet our friends (Adam and April and their kids Kaden and Addie) that we had not seen in a long while. They were camping about an hour drive from our house. We knew we would not be able to stay overnight but we did want to visit. It was a nice campground. I did not know if they had a pool but I did pack the kids suits because it was extremely hot and I thought if nothing else they could play with the water hose.

But there was a pool so after dinner they all got to swim. It wasn't long after that Craig was ready to go home. Wyatt ended up being invited to stay the night. The next day meeting arrangement worked out so I agreed he could stay. My little boy's first sleep over!
We kissed and hugged him good bye (Me, about 5 times.) then drove home and right into bed.

Sunday: The Great Discovery!!!!!! It is THE BOY! He is the one making everybody get up so early everyday! We (Craig, Rylee and I) slept until 8AM. Craig headed to work and Rylee and I got ready then went to church. My Gosh, that girl is a talker! On and on she goes. I kept threatening "Time Out" in church and she would be quiet for a little bit but then forget. After church we ate lunch then met up with Wyatt from his sleepover. I received an update on how he behaved, which always surprises me with a "very good". Then April continues on with "but!". Wyatt woke up in the middle of the night about 2:30 AM and left the camper. April said she must have heard the door shut because something woke her up. She went to check on Wyatt and he was "GONE!" She opened the door to the camper and yelled for Wyatt. He told her he saw the camp fire still going and thought that we (Craig and I) were out there. I felt so bad for April. I can imagine how scared she was to find him gone. Wyatt and I had a talk and he promised not to do that ever again. After saying "Thanks and Sorry" we headed home for lunch and naps. After nap we were off again! This time to Aunt Caroline and Uncle Scott, Lily and Sofie's. They are staying 2 nights with them and will be going to the Zoo. I hope things go well. I LOVE and already MISS my kids no matter how crazy they make me at times!

1 comments:

Stacey and Dewey said...

Wow, what a weekend!! Your hubby sounds like mine, I am always amazed at what he can get done in a few hours. And he is always always doing something...I guess with the acrerage we both have they don't have a choice. Congrats on the new goats, I'm pushing for some here, but the horses keep anything green down so I have not been able to come up with a good enough excuse to get them yet.
Two days doesnt sound like a long time when you say it, but I would go crazy missing the boys for that long, so I understand. Try and enjoy you yourself and take time for you!
Hugs!!
Stacey