Monday, May 26, 2008

Abbey Road on the River!

This is how the story goes...

My Mom, wonderful and thoughtful as she is, entered a drawing that the Courier Journal of Louisville was having. She was hoping to win tickets for my brother (Uncle Shawn) and his girlfriend (Aunt Theresa). You see, Theresa is a huge fan of the Beatles, and my mom thought it would be great to win tickets for them. Well, my mom hardly ever wins things but this time she won. Wooo Hooo! Abbey Road on the River!
She won the grand prize package of a 3-night stay at the Galt House, VIP tickets to every concert during Abbey Road on the River, all-day food passes and a Beatles 12 core album CD collection.
So the kids and I headed to Louisville Sunday morning to join in on all the fun. Craig had to work.
When we checked into The Galt House their were Beatles every where.
All the bands were staying there. It was awesome!
After touring the hotel
we walked a few blocks away to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner
then over to 4th Street Live.
I hadn't been in that area since it was the Galleria.
When we got back to the room my brother let me use his pass so I could with Theresa and check out some of the bands that were playing on the Belvedere. I had a great time and wished that I had brought the kids with me. It was much more family friendly than I thought it would be. It was perfect weather and everybody was dancing and singing along with the bands. It was so much fun. I will be going again next year!
The next morning at The Galt House they had set up a children's sing along on the second floor. I thought that was so awesome and the kids loved it too!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Aaaah! Does she love her brother or what! Tooo cute. Congrats to your mom for winning those tickets!

Stacey and Dewey said...

How fun!!! It sounds like you all had a blast!! And who doesnt love the Beatles? What an wonderful mom to try and win that for your brother. The kids look so cute in the pics They are just so sweet togther. I love the last one where Rylee has her arms around her big brother.
Oh and LOVE the Spaghetti Factory...Mizithra, Yummers!! The closest one to us is in Salt Lake City so we have not been in ages.
Have a great week
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and the kids had a great weekend! The pics of Wyatt and Rylee, together, are so cute...

Christina said...

Sounds fun and I live about 10 minutes from all that and didn't even know it was going on...LOL.

Mary Ann said...

LOVE all the pictures! Your kids are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

hey!

that was a blast for us to do... - and your children were perfect and we had a blast singing with them!


neat post!


(the guy in the orange shirt)
:)