Friday, July 11, 2008

A week in Review - Part A

Independence Day was almost quite eventful! We went to some friends for a fireworks show. Well, one of the guys went to pick up a box of fireworks while holding a lit flare. Needless to say out "finale" was earlier than expected! The kids loved it but it scared me a bit.

Rylee and Wyatt (Uh, No! Wyatt was just sitting on the 4 wheeler!)
We did let him drive the Go Cart though.

Saturday
Off to Pigeon Forge!
The kids were pretty good for me.
For the most part, we only problems early on with bickering and sassing but the more time we spent together the better things got.

Where we spent all of our spare time... The Pool!
Both Wyatt and Rylee are doing so much better with going under water and swimming.
I can't wait until Craig can see them in the pool again.
We (I) missed Daddy most of all and wished he was with us to share in all the fun. It just didn't feel right doing all this fun stuff without Craig there too. I don't think I will be planning anymore family vacations without him.

Ariana and Rylee searching for worms.
Rylee was disappointed.
Our trip to Dollywood.
We got there early and stayed until 4. Wyatt was not feeling all that good.
I think he was overheated a little and it was way past nap time for Rylee. We planned to come back later but the kids slept until 7:30. They were worn out. They were OK with not going back to Dollywood since we decided to go to the pool instead.
Our train ride.
Can you tell what is happening by their faces here?
I know I complain about my kids being bad but they are good kids in general. I think I am just picky and want my kids to behave and be polite. They were typical at times and better than typical most of the time. And, hey I survived a 5 day vacation with 2 kids all by my self.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yay - you survived! And it looks like you had a good time, too!

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a fun week!!! And you go girl doing all by yourself. You know I think sometimes its good to do that.
1. To prove that you can
2. To appreciate the hubby a little more. Wasn't it wonderful to come back home to him? :)
But good or not its HARD work!!
I have heard Dollywood is a blast, how fun for the kids.
Glad you made it home safe and sound!
Have a great week!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

What fun you had!