Friday, July 18, 2008

Lost memory, keeping up with the "Joneses" and other ramblings!

As you can see I got a bright idea to change the look of my blog. I really like the look but I lost all my sidebar information. That's what happens when I start fixing things that aren't broken. It may take me a while to get all that back.

When we got back from out trip to PF, our favorite closest neighbors "The Joneses" called to say they just returned from a "Show". Their girls compete in Barrel Racing, you know, with horses! Well, they WON and asked us to come visit them soon because we hadn't visited in a while.
So, Tuesday morning I told Wyatt we need to go visit them soon. Later that day Craig called and asked when I would be coming home because Wyatt told him that I was taking them to visit the Jones. Huh, I don't think I said exactly that! I got home and we hurried out the door. They give horse riding lessons and we showed up right at the end of the lesson. It was actually my friend Dee's daughter that was getting the lesson, so seeing them was an added bonus.
Let me back up here with a little history of The Joneses. We live about a mile away from them. In the country you have neighbors that sometimes live further away than that. I grew up in a big city, so I don't have that natural "Wave to everybody I drive past" blood running in my veins. So, it took me around a year after we bought our home, 2001, to actually meet them.
Craig is a natural "Wave to everyone" kind of guy. It takes him about a half hour to say goodbye when we leave a gathering. And he knows "EVERYBODY"! I always tell him he needs to run for Mayor because everyone knows him, he is friendly and likes to talk.
I am not sure when he met the Joneses, they are more than likely related somehow, most everyone is around here. And they talk about Kentucky people!

Oh Yeah, the Joneses. Well, they are our "Super Neighbors" They are the ones that have come to our rescue so many times. Most recent was we had mentioned we were looking for a couple more goats to add to our field and it was less than 2 weeks later when we got a call from them. They had found someone that was wanting to give their 3 goats away. What a connection they are! They also take care of our pets if we leave town.
The kids LOVE to go visit the Jones BECAUSE...
Their horses, donkey, dogs, cats and kittens, chickens and their daughter that gives them lots of attention.

Here are some photos from our visit from the other night.

Wyatt riding Charlie.
Dee's kids Darian, Ethan on Hubert and Wyatt.
Wyatt on Chief.

Rylee and Ethan digging in the dirt.
Wyatt holding his first chicken.


Rylee with Kayle and Dee.

A kiss from Kayle.

Last picture before we left. See their new John Deere boots. I bought those in Pigeon Forge. I love that JD is now putting pink in their products now.

4 comments:

Stacey and Dewey said...

Look at that smile on Wyatt's face!! That boy loves horses!! How fun that you have such close neighbors with so many animals. Its like the kids very own petting zoo.
Craig sounds just like Dewey, he's the very same way in town. We can't go anywhere without him stopping to talk to someone. I have gotten much better at waving to everyone, it's taken me a while though.
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

Unknown said...

Catherine has been talking about taking riding lessons. Looks like I'm gonna have to take up with those Joneses too :)

Cindy said...

My dad is the wave at everyone, knows everyone kind of guy too! Always talking but accuses us girls of gossiping too much. Those are great pics of Wyatt.
I love the new look of the blog.

Robyn said...

What cute pics!! I love your new blog design!!

Robyn