Saturday, July 19, 2008

Broken Dryer and Loosing "The Game"

Oh Man! Our Dryer is Broken!

I have many thoughts on this and I would like to share with you.

1. I don't know how many other mothers are out there but I am sure you can relate to this. I do a lot of laundry and I mean a lot. Mostly because I have 2 little ones that change their clothes several times a day and of course if you take it off the hanger it is instantly dirty. Well , we bought our Maytag washer and dryer in 2001. Actually, you would think they would have lasted longer than that especially being a Maytag but our dryer went out and the part that Craig believes is the problem is $60.00 nonreturnable and it is possible it may just may be unrepairable. So that leads me to #2.


2. Whoo Hoo! I am getting a new washer and dryer! Whoo Hoo! I never in my life thought I would be so excited about a washer and dryer. BUT! We just ordered last night a Brand New Maytag front DOUBLE loader washer and dryer! Yippee! They are delivering it Tuesday. With it being a double loader I pray that means there will be much less... " Mom, Where are you?" and "I'm were I always am, the laundry room!" Whoo Hoo! Easier times are heading my way. Which leads me to # 3.


3. This also brings me to realizing how my life is so truly blessed. We are ABLE to just go out on an evening and buy a new washer and dryer for our home. Oh no, do not get me wrong, we will be financing these at 0% for 12 months. But the thought of all the things we are fortunate to do, really makes me feel GUILTY. With all the struggles that so many of the amazing Guatemalan single mothers and orphaned children that I met last year are having (even more now, I am sure, with the way the economy is) weighs heavy on my mind daily. I think of them a lot especially when I realize how fortunate my life is. I keep praying that God will guide me to what he wants me to do for them. I do get bits and pieces of opportunities but surely God knows that He will have to just plain, beat me over the head, with what He wants me to do.

Oh and Janelle... I just lost "The Game"

Everybody else... My Crazy SIL and a bunch of her friends created a GAME. You can only loose the game, period. Well actually, you are always winning the game if you are not thinking of "THE GAME" but if you do think of "The Game", you loose! The thing is you have to admit loosing! I thought it was the silliest thing I ever heard but I live with her brother and he has told me twice in the last couple of weeks he has "Lost the game". I don't think I would have ever lost "the game" if it were not for him telling me of his loosings.

See what wacky things I have to deal with!?!

And now, I have to change the title of my post.

:0)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love my double front loader pair and you will too! They are awesome.
You totally confused me on the game....

Anonymous said...

I KNEW YOU WOULD LOSE THE GAME!!! =)