Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Warnings - Where NOT to eat and What Not to Buy!

A have been involved with a couple of incidences that I would like to share with you all. Call this a warning of BAD customer service. Sometimes you just get tired of being pushed around!

Where NOT to eat!
Tumbleweed on the River in Louisville, KY
This past Saturday, well 3/22/08, we visited family in Louisville, KY. During our visit we decided to go out to dinner with our extended family. Their ended up being just eight of us. First thing, we were seated, orders were taken, and everyone is happy. Well it all started going bad when they seated a group of young girls right next to us. It was a birthday party for a 13 year old girl and her friends. They were a bit loud but that is not upset me. Who ever is in charge of the volume knob of the music decided to turn it up to drown out the giggling. Well, then everyone had to talk louder to hear each other. Things began to get chaotic then so I asked one of the waitresses to please turn down the music. She nodded her head "yes". Well, it never happened. But I, being a nice person that I am, just let go. Things were loud but, Oh Well! After dinner I asked our waitress for a box for our leftovers. She even repeated it to me. I had bought Rylee steak and she had only taken a bite or two because she had filled up on chips before dinner came. I had ordered the Buffalo Chicken Salad, very good but a too much chicken. We also collected some fries. (Since my trip to Panajachel, I DO NOT throw away any food! If you have been, there you know what I mean.) Well, after taking my children to the restrooms I came back to the table. Guess what! Food was gone and no box. I asked my family where it went. They said the waitress took it. Well, maybe she took it to put it in the box in the back. Out she comes... No Box! I asked her about it... She says she will get the manager, I wait, the manager comes out, says nothing to me, the waitress comes out, I am confused now, so I ask her if I am suppose to be waiting for something, The Manager say "Oh is there a problem?" I explain what happened then I ask the waitress "Do you not remember me asking for a box?" She stands there blank look on her face and says absolutely nothing. This is so embarrassing and infuriating to me. I said "Forget it!" and walk out. Oh, the manager did say he would make me another steak but it would take about 15-20 minutes! We had already been there for 2 hours and my kids were outside waiting. Ruined my day! I keep thinking of all those, I should haves and this post is one of them.
What NOT to buy...
Polaroid Products

My wonderful husband bought me a very cool Digital Photo Frame for Mother's day last year. He even bought one of those really nice decorative frame covers. I just loved it. I had it on my desk at work. I displayed all kinds of photos from my kids to my trip to Guatemala. One morning about a month ago, maybe longer, I came in and my screen was showing only half photos and some had lines through it. I e-mailed Polaroid and no answer. So, I e-mailed again this past Monday. I received an answer so I thought I would share a little information I receive with you about them.
"Your Polaroid product carries a limited 90 day warranty that begins on the original date of purchase. The dated receipt is required to validate the warranty period.
Based on the information contained in your email, we are unable to provide warranty service to you under the current policy. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions about this decision, please review the warranty statement that came with your Polaroid product. Polaroid does not have an out of warranty service program at this time as the cost to repair is comparable to the price of a new camera."
Well, it's not a camera, but I get the idea!
This was my response...
I am very disappointed and I am sorry you feel there is NOTHING that can be done to help me get this repaired. I will be sure to let all my friends and family know by posting this information on our Family Blog. I used and LOVED it for all of 8 months. I am sure that this Digital Photo Frame was not inexpensive. I have priced new ones starting at $120.00. I can not believe you all only stand behind your products for 90 days. Basically your response tells me all your products are disposable after 90 days since you have no repair center. Interesting news to share!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Bad customer service gets me too and fast! So sorry you had to deal with these situations.

Anonymous said...

There is no excuse for bad customer service, which is the main reason we don't go to Denny's in Jasper. I've only been to one Tumbleweed,in Florence KY, the service wasn't great there either. But not as bad as what you had to deal with. Sorry you had to deal with these situations.

Stacey and Dewey said...

I have worked my entire life in customer service of various types. So it makes me CRAZY when I get poor service. There is just no excuse for it. Unfortunetly I think poor service is becoming more of the norm. And the only way we have of combating it is to do exactly what you have done. Tell the world!!! If everyone started to speak up when they are treated badly it will start to make a difference. You go girl!!!!

Angie said...

I am with you on frustrating service. It really ruins those rare times you get out to eat. We should start a website, where not to eat and what not to buy!

Unknown said...

Yep, pushes my buttons too!!