Sunday, April 20, 2008

Look what the Earthquake (Mother Nature) left us!

What a beautiful day Friday was. After such a miserable night, God blessed us with perfect weather. It is so nice to be camping so close to home. We live about 5 miles away from Lincoln State Park. So, I packed up the kids in the car took them home with me to feed them breakfast and I got to take a shower. They wanted to come with me because I had mentioned picking up doughnuts on the way back and they wanted to pick their own. When we arrived back to camp the kids sat on the step and ENJOYED their doughnuts!

After we got the kids hyped up on sugar we decided to go for a bike ride. Well, we walked, they rode. Rylee, not such a good peddler or stearer so Craig and I tied a rope to her handlebars. It worked well!


I am a little disappointed for Wyatt. Last year he was riding a 2 wheeler. He definitely grew too big for the bike though. For his birthday he and Daddy went to Wal-mart and bought this bike with his birthday money. Well, the bike is so big he can't stand up and touch the ground while he is on it. So we had to put the training wheels back on it. He didn't complain about it but me, being the mom that I am, am. He WILL get another bike soon!


Taking a break and checking out the water temp. Oh, Yes, way to cold to be playing in!

Then we found a playground and that's when the real fun began.
Craig started off by being himself!

Like Father, like Son!

Rylee doing her own thing!

Wyatt and Craig at play!

Then we hit the swings!
We really need to add one of those to our playground at home.
Rylee looks like she is enjoying the swing but she really prefers the big swing.

Wyatt wanted to try the baby swing and discovered it was a little painful to his legs. I made him stay in there until I got a picture of him. I am a mean mom, aren't I? Look at that pitiful face! Oh and the hair... He wants to let it grow. He says he wants to be a "Rock Star"!


I did start to freak out a little while Rylee was on the big swing. Her little arms are not that strong and she was going pretty high. But, Boy did she love to swing.

Singin' and a Swingin'!

Bottoms - Up !!

What great fun we had!


More fun with crazy Daddy!

Thanks to everyone that reads our Family Blog and for your comments. I really enjoy Blogging and to answer your question. Believe me, I do NOT like mice at all but after the mattress was out of the cabin so where the mice. So, yes, I will camp again. We love camping!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You look like you had SO much fun; aside from the mice! I would of gone home, lol!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Love the pictures!! What a beautiful area!! And what a fun playground, bars and swings... thats heaven for kids :) Seeing how much fun you had makes me excited for our first camp trip. This year will be our second annual mothers day trip to Bryce Canyon National Park. Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like, despite the mice and everything else, you had great weekend!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Marlene, It just occured to me this morning that I had menat to email you and didn't. (I have no idea where my brain is) Now I can't find the post you left your email on. Will you email me or post with your email again. Mine is swwillwork4u@yahoo.com
xoxoxo
Stacey