Thursday, September 6, 2007

"What is going to happen to me!!!!????"

Last night after Wyatt's little rehearsal for the Dale Fall Fest Little Mister Contest, I let him and Rylee go play on their playground. Man, that playground must be made for bigger kids, like 8 or 9. Rylee couldn't even reach the first step.
Well, Wyatt kept on trying to reach the monkey bars from the landing and falling. He must had landed pretty well because he kept doing it and saying it didn't hurt. Then he turns to me and says "Look Mom, watch me do this".
I have been told story of a little boy that spoke those same words to his mother then fell off the monkey bars and broke his arm. That little boy is now my husband and the story has stuck in my head because my son is just like his Daddy.
Yep, then CRASH! Right on his Butt and hands. He seemed shocked that it actually hurt. I picked him up ,crying and sat him down on the curb, still crying. Then he saw the blood on his hand. It wasn't a bad cut but it was bleeding pretty good. He looks up at me panicked as if he never bled before and said "What is going to happen to me!!!???" I never realized how sheltered my son is until that moment. TO BE CONTINUED!

0 comments: