Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First day of school blues :(

Oh, not them, it's me!

Wyatt has been wanting to go back to St. Bernard School for at least over a month. I would wake him in the mornings throughout out the summer and the first thing he would ask " Where am I going today?" (The poor little guy has been asking me that since I went back to work.) The answer usually was not what he wanted to hear and when it wasn't, he would protest then ask how many more days until he could go back. I don't know where he gets that from, because I don't ever remember me being fond of school and my MIL told me that she had to drag Craig out from under the bed to get him to his first day of Kindergarten.

I tip-toed into Wyatt's room this morning, sat on the edge of his bed and whispered "Wyatt, it's time to get up. Today is your first day of Kindergarten." He immediately sat strait up and asked where his clothes were. WOW!

Then to Rylee's room. Same thing, tip-toed in, sat on the edge of the bed, gently whispered "Rylee, it's time to get up. It's your first day of preschool at St. Bernard." From her I get " I tired, I want to sleepy" Much more coaxing later, she is up and just as excited as Wyatt. I am sure she was thinking if Brother is this excited it must be something totally cool.

They were both so excited especially Wyatt, by the time we left the house he ended with a tummy ache.

Who wants to go to school?
I love Rylee's look in this one.
Total Admiration!
Oh yeah, the "blues" part of the post...
Whine, whine, sniffle, sniffle!
My babies are not babies anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out how many times the teacher had to tell him to tuck his shirt in. If he is anything like his dad that will be his biggest struggle. Where the heck did our babys go?
love dad

Becky said...

Aren't they adorable all dressed for school? They do grow up way too quickly.
I love that look of admiration on Rylee's face, too. My girls usually are giving each other the evil eye.

Angie said...

Aw, they are so cute. Does Wyatt go for a whole day of half-day?

Hannah said...

How sweet. They look so ready and excited. I cry every year when Dmitry goes back to school. I hate it. They just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Hannah