Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cans, cans and more cans!

First thing I MUST say is these photos do not give justice!
As the summer ends, so does the accumulation of aluminum cans.
Some of you know, some don't. We have received ALL the aluminum cans collected from our place of employment(=HINT) this summer.
Hint!
Somehow, Craig and I come up with these bright ideas of saving money and?or making money plans. The thing is it always ends up being a lot more work that originally thought.
So, after 30+ hours of opening garbage bags of sticky and a bit nasty cans, pulling off the tabs then rebagging the cans. We do see light at the end of the tunnel! HOORAY!
This is me taking tabs off cans.
Tabs to the left of me, cans to the right.
The rebagged cans. Yippee, all finished!
Tabs total... about a 3 gallon bucket full!
Was it all worth it? To be continued.

3 comments:

Stacey and Dewey said...

WOW and WOW you go girl!!!! I'm impressed, that is a HUGE pile-O-cans. To go through every one of them....thats a task.
I'm sure it was all forth it :)
Have a great week!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

ummm that is crazy!!!! I hope you are recycling all those cans! I would hate to see them thrown away ;) I heard the kids even helped!
p.s. where do you go to get money back for the tabs?

Anonymous said...

Talk about dedication. I tried to convience her we need to at some point forget about the tabs. She would have no part of it. So yes we did indeed sit on buckets for hours pulling each tab off. So next time you finish your drink before you throw the can in the garbage or not take the tab off think what would Marlene do? Go green and raise money.
Craig