Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A sad day for us

Today we said good bye to our little "Mac" our Boston Terrier. Mac was a GREAT dog. He had been in really bad shape for a long while. He had several strokes which made him crooked like an "S". We think he had another one on Sunday as a storm came through our area. I took him to the vet the next morning since he did not get any better over night. The vet kept him all day and Craig picked him up that evening. Mac had 2 more medicines he had to take, he was already on heart medicine. The vet said to give him a couple days. Well, he did not get better. It was so hard for us! Craig told me I would have to be the one, he just couldn't. Mac had been Craig's dog since highschool. He was 12. We Loved that little Mac. He will be missed so much. I will hear his bark in my head when I open the door to our house for a long time.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Awwww, we will say a prayer for you guys. I just finally buried my cat that died last November and I still cried. And we will miss Mac too, even though we only knew him a short time. he was an awesome little dog. I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Mammaw will miss little Mac too. The best thing you can say about any dog is that he was a good dog. Mac was one of the best. Terriers are a tough breed and Mac proved that by outliving many younger dogs. It is up to you Juna. It will be hard to follow in Mac's paw steps.
Mac, give Zeke a big lick for us.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Mac! I'm sure he, Zeke and Tucker are in heaven fighting over a rope toy!!! Hope everything else is going well.

Mark