Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The birth of the Pinata!

I decided to make Wyatt's pinata for his birthday.

This is how I did it!
I bought one of those inflatable bunching balls on a string.
Blew it up to about 24".
Then paper mached it 2 layers then wrapped it with wire so it would support all the goodies I planned to put in it.
The directions called for only 3 layers total but I was concerned it would not hold up so I put on a total of 6 layers.

Then I covered it with colored tissue paper.
Red on one side and blue on the other side.
For a Spider man theme.
I popped the balloon, cut a "V" shape hole in the top and filled it with goodies and glued the hole closed.
I had bought a Spider man gift bag and puzzle and used them to decorate the pinata.
This is the finished product!
I was pretty proud of it! But as you will find out later in my posts as I catch up...
6 layers of paper mache IS too much!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome - what a great job you did on the pinata. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story...

Angie said...

What a great job, Marlene!